Love of a Monochromatic Wardrobe: NCP x Tobi

 Photos by  Ryan Kell .  This is a partner post.  All opinions are my own. 

Photos by Ryan Kell.  This is a partner post.  All opinions are my own. 

DRESS- TOBI     SHOES- SIMILAR     JACKET- SIMILAR    

My brother in law has always said that his favorite color is monochrome.  That used to make me laugh, but the more that I thought about it, the more I realized that I'm on the exact same page as him.  

For my second collaboration post with Tobi (check out the first one here) I thought I would showcase this black and white stunner by talking about my love of that monochromatic life.  

DSC03264.jpg

I would estimate that 85% of my wardrobe consists of black, white, grey, and dark denim.  The other 15% is reserved for crazy bright sundresses which are must-haves for the summer.  I have always been drawn to neutral colors.  Believe me, I've tried to dress on the more colorful spectrum of things, but every time I get drawn right back in.  If I see a shirt that I love that comes in ten different colors, can you guess which one I will purchase?  Yep, the black, white, or grey one.  Every. Single. Time.

DSC03279.jpg

I'm not afraid of color, I just think that I'm drawn to how classic and sharp these neutrals look, especially when paired together.  It's super easy to get dressed in the morning, since all of my clothes coordinate with each other.  This is a big plus and saves me a lot of time and energy.  I still live a very colorful life, though.  I let my color shine through my personality, my makeup & nail color choices, and my hair.  Speaking of my hair, I can always be sure that the color of my outfit isn't clashing with the color of my hair when I am only dressing in neutrals.  Win-win! 

DSC03309.jpg

Dressing in these neutral colors doesn't mean that your wardrobe has to look boring.  I love playing with patterns, textures, and different materials when I'm putting together an outfit.  Black on black on black can look dull AF if it's all flat and one material, but adding in a funky pattern or a fun texture can make you look super stylish and help you feel really good about what you're wearing.  Take this adorable dress, for example.  I was initially drawn to it because it's so different.  Of course the fact that it's black and white is great, but I love the illusion that it's a black crop top added on top of a white dress, when in reality it's all one piece.  It's fun and flirty and has that sexy menswear vibe going on.

DSC03312.jpg

Thank you, Tobi, for this beautiful dress, and make sure to be on the lookout for post number three! 

nickelcityprettyComment